Juvederm® – the softest of the Hyaluronic acid fillers – is derived from a natural substance which is found throughout the human body. Since it is so similar to your own tissue, there is no need for a sensitivity test. The treatment helps to ‘fill out’ and smooth away lines or wrinkles, acne scars and enhance the lip size and shape. Results are immediate with minimal recovery time.
Juvederm® is the most frequently chosen injectable filler for the lips because of its smooth, soft gel “formula”. It comes in 3 lidocaine-enhanced formulas (including Juvederm® Voluma for cheeks), so it has the capacity to comfortably treat lips and fine lines or provide structural support for various corrections.
What areas will Juvederm® improve?
- Lip borders, vertical lip lines and wrinkles
- Corners of the mouth, lifting drooping corners
- Superficial forehead lines and crow’s feet
- Thinning lips (for increased volume – referred to as lip augmentation)
- Deep folds on the sides of the mouth (nasolabial folds)
- Marionette lines
Avoid for 10 to 14 days prior to injections*:
- Pain Relievers (Tylenol okay)
- Coumadin (get primary physician approval first)
- Fish oil
- Ginkgo Biloba
- Vitamin E
- Exotic or Herbal Supplements
*Have you ever had a cold sore? If so, please call our office at (702) 641-1240 and we will write you a prescription for Valtrex® (an anti-viral).
**If you have been advised by your primary physician to take aspirin, be sure to get an okay first.
- No alcohol for 24 hours after treatment
- No increased blood pressure (i.e. sauna, hot tub, exercise, cardio) for 4 hours post treatment (Helps prevent bruising)
- It is recommended that makeup not be applied until 1 hour after treatment to allow the skin to breathe
- Avoid excessive facial expressions and strenuous exercise for 4 hours after your treatment (This helps the product to “settle” without disturbing the location.)
- Do not rub or massage the area for 24 hours
There is a risk of bruising, which is only temporary, and can be covered up with make-up. Redness and swelling may last for 1-2 days.