Radiesse® Volumizing Filler
There’s a reason the popularity of dermal fillers has skyrocketed in recent years. Fillers are completely non-surgical and you can get back to your day immediately after treatment. Radiesse® is one of the leading dermal fillers. Not only is it long-lasting, Radiesse® has been shown to build new collagen in the area in which it is injected. In this way, Radiesse® offers the benefit of skin-smoothing collagen long after the filler itself dissipates.
What is Radiesse®?
Radiesse® is a filler injected beneath the skin. It’s made up of microscopic spheres of a material known as calcium hydroxylapatite. These microspheres are suspended within the gel that is injected beneath the skin. The calcium hydroxylapatite in Radiesse® is a synthetic form of the same material naturally occurring in your bones. The spheres act as a scaffold, filling wrinkles while allowing your collagen to grow around the spheres. Eventually, the Radiesse® is processed out of your body, but the supportive collagen remains.
Typical treatment areas for Radiesse® are:
- Nasolabial folds — also known as “smile lines”, these creases extend from your nose to the corners of your mouth
- Marionette lines — these creases extend downward from your mouth
- Chin wrinkles — the lines extending horizontally across your chin
- Chin and cheek augmentation — Radiesse® acts as a volume implant when aging causes your cheeks and the sides of your chin to look sunken
- Corners of the mouth — with age, the corners of your mouth may begin to droop downward; Radiesse® restores a perky, youthful mouth contour
- Reshaping the nose — divots, bends, bumps and flat nasal bridges are areas of the nose that can be improved with Radiesse®
- Aging hands — your hands begin to lose volume as you age, leading to wrinkled skin, and tendons, bones and veins that are more apparent; Radiesse® for hands restores youthful, smooth skin
Advantages of Radiesse®
One of the great things about Radiesse® is that it can be combined with other dermal fillers to achieve the best results for each part of the face, and for each individual patient.
Other benefits of Radiesse® include:
- Provides immediate results
- Stimulates collagen production for long-term results
- Clinically proven to last a year or longer
- No incisions, no sutures
- No downtime
- Restores a youthful appearance
Studies show that Radiesse® offers some of the same self-collagen production that Sculptra® provides, though on a lesser level. Still, this means that even when all the Radiesse® has left your skin, some new collagen that your own body produced has taken its place. Radiesse® is a safe, effective, and non-surgical method of restoring a youthful appearance.